Narrowband

Tomorrows new moon opportunity

bomberbaz

Ok so tomorrow night looks like its going to be the night. New moon and clear skies along with enough wind to help keep the dew at bay without turning the skies to wobbly (around 6mph). However there is one minor problem, according to the weather its murky until after midnight. (I suppose my thread titles wrong given that actually) so viewing wont be able to start until after 2pm

However given the fact that I haven't had much more viewing that a few hours I think i will try bed early and get up for it. According to stellarium Orion will be high in the sky and its looks a perfect HH opportunity. So I am going for it as long as the weather doesn't change it's mind and decide to make the conditions rubbish.

Fingers crossed for the space pony  :grin:

Steve

Thinking about doing the same.
Conditions were okay the past few days here in Canada. And today it really got bad.
But hopefully tonight and tomorrow night itll get better.

Been seeing a lot of meteor lately. Big bright ones.

The meteor shower in the next day or two would be awesome with the new moon.

Wind forcast has gone downhill. Was forcasting at 5 but now up to 10mph. In two minds now, what does anyone think, is 10mph wind going to spoil the viewing?

I heard numbers of 90 kph for winds overnight tonight. Not sure if that was for Ireland or the UK. I think 10mph would be more then enough to put a stop to observing. 

I heard numbers of 90 kph for winds overnight tonight. Not sure if that was for Ireland or the UK. I think 10mph would be more then enough to put a stop to observing.

pretty much my own thoughts, might have a quick bins session later if it clears but not bothering with a scope

10 mph that's a mere breeze.

I've imaged in much worse.

If it is not lifting the obs roof its fine we get to few nights too throw one out because its not perfect.

Good point if you are in a covered obvs but if you are in a exposed car park or similar with little or no cover, haha. Thanks though

10 mph that's a mere breeze.

I've imaged in much worse.

If it is not lifting the obs roof its fine we get to few nights to throw one out because its not prefect.

Good point if you are in a covered obvs but if you are in a exposed car park or similar with little or no cover, haha.

Archived