Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Hytham

IC 1396 - LRGB

Hi Everyone.

It has been quite sometime since I've last posted and thought to share one of my latest images; IC 1396 in LRGB.

Comments and criticisms are very much welcome. Thank you for looking.

Scope: Tak FSQ 106 EDXIII
Mount: Astro-Physics
Camera: FLI ML16803
Filter(s): Astrodon LRGB
FL: F5 @530mm
Software: PixInsight 1.8RC7, SGP Pro
Integration Time: 11h
Lum:  15 x 1200s (5h)
RGB: 8 x 900s each (6h total)

Bigger:  http://www.straightontillmorning.me/Astronomy/Nebulae/i-GbXLXz9/0/X3/ic1396-X3.jpg

ic1396-M.jpg

• Like 7

It would be nice to see the images at much bigger scale, but the postage stamps look very tasty :-)  That 16803 with the FSQ106 should be under-sampling hugely, but I suspect the image is superb regardless!

ChrisH

I would post up full resolution images, but I had a little incident where people were reposting my images without giving me any credit. I wasn't mad, but all I asked for was proper credit to be applied and they could use my images provided it wasn't for commercial purposes.

They responded by deleting them off of their site without a word. I have been spooked ever since and I know I'm being a touch unreasonable with my paranoia at this point.

I would post up full resolution images, but I had a little incident where people were reposting my images without giving me any credit. I wasn't mad, but all I asked for was proper credit to be applied and they could use my images provided it wasn't for commercial purposes.

They responded by deleting them off of their site without a word. I have been spooked ever since and I know I'm being a touch unreasonable with my paranoia at this point.

No that's fine, I appreciate your concern because a lot of work goes into these images and it would annoy me if someone ripped off one of mine. It does rather limit the comments I can make though (which you ask for), not having a good sized image to look at.

ChrisH

Thank you very much, everyone. It's greatly appreciated.

Please don't be shy about critcizing and providing me how I would improve. This helps myself and others.

Thanks again!