Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple of Star71 WIPs (M45, M31)

Uranium235

Ive had a couple of clear nights this week, unfortunately during bonfire week (as its no longer just a couple of nights thesedays!), so plenty of flashes and smoky skies to contend with.

M31 was the warmup target while waiting for M45 to rise out of the murk so I got a couple of hours on it before moving on to the main event. I did collect three hours on M45 but had to toss a few of the subs becuase of the dodgy sky (otherwise they would have just contributed to noise and gradients). Another two or three hours should get it to where I need it to be (showing more outlying dust without the noise), same goes for M31 as well, which I tried a little experiment on when eliminating the gradient - which sometimes leads to a slighly brightened corner. Basically, I use a slightly less stretched version and "sprayed" in the darker background using a layer mask (then blurred the mask).... seems to have had the desired effect :)

M45: 16x600 (L)

M31: 11x600 (L)

Star71, NEQ6, Atik 383L+

More data to follow when conditions allow

Thanks for looking! :)

22462362637_26bb529a42_b.jpg

22692773210_e88efb1755_b.jpg

Looking good Rob, particularly M45 - always a crowd pleaser! Glad to see that the replacement scope is working nicely for you. We just need some good clear nights now.... I'm aching to get on with my Star71, but struggling with these really poor conditions.

Thanks guys, the finished articles may be a while coming. The weather is looking awful for the next couple of weeks.... wind, rain, clouds... but no sign of this "freezing Winter" we're supposed to be having.... oddly warm for a November.

Archived