Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Reprocess from mid-September 2015

gnomus

Recent weather has meant that reprocessing old data is all that I can do astronomically at present.  The last effort is here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/252144-m31-7-sept-2015/?p=2755145

My wife fancied having a go at procesing, so this is her first attempt.  I think it is Wife 1: Husband 0.

This is 140 mins of Lum, and 50 mins each of R, G & B.  There was a couple of hours of Ha too, but for some reason this seemed poor quality data.  As such, we created a version of the image with Ha but only used this with a mask in Photoshop to 'paint in' the Ha areas.

post-39248-0-76148200-1447018269_thumb.j

I like both but I also think the first is more natural looking. But don't tell your wife.

That is interesting and thanks for commenting I didn't even think it was close. The first version looks to me to be rather drab, and a bit 'muddy' by comparison. All matters of taste I assume. Do you think the current version is too 'saturated'? I am rather envious of those folks who can get a golden yellow glow in the core of their M31 images - I've never been able to reproduce that.

They are both nice, so how about a compromise between both versions?

post-6754-0-75151700-1447073588_thumb.jp

Sorry, but I was bored as well, and what better than other people's data when you can't shoot your own :grin: , hope you don't mind. It's the core of your version, with the outer regions of your wife's.

Huw

Archived