SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from a 65 year old complete novice.

Scorpion50

Hello. I live in beautiful North Wales and my wife bought me 3 sky watchers telescopes.

D127 F 1500

D102 F 500

D102 F 1300

Also 20 and 10 eye pieces.

Frankly ,I am only interested in seeing the moon, Mars, Venus and possibly other planets but they may be too far away for my present gear. What do you think?

I intend to join astronomy classes locally

I hope to gather a lot of info from this site but feel that my present equipment may be slightly below par compared to more advanced members.

Thank you for reading this.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL. Wow! what a generous wife you have! :) Don't worry, your 'scopes will all be able to show you the moon and planets that you mention but you'll also get views of Jupiter and Saturn. Joining a local group is a very good idea as this astronomy thing is a learning curve! Most important ........keep tuned in to this forum, you will never stop learning and getting answers.

Lovely presents.

I think that reads as a MAK 102mm, MAK 127mm and a Refractor 102mm

The two MAKs will give great views of the Moon and planets the 127mm will capture the most light and the refractor 102mm really pleasing wide field views so the Orion Nebula and Piledes will look great.

Stellarium is a free planatrium software to download and use to help find out what is up there for your location.

Hi scorpion. Some nice size scopes there, especially the 127mm scope. I just got a new 120mm f5 refractor and get great views through it, so you should do well too. Now, we all just need some nice, dark, clear skies so we can all use our scopes on the heavens! :)

Hi Scorpion and welcome to SGL, three scopes indeed, well at least you should be able to come to a decision which one you like to use most, which gives the best all round performance. Your evaluation could be of help to other newcomers wanting to invest in similar instruments. enjoy the forum :)

Archived