Hi from Netherlands

MGeraads

Good day all,

With this message I would like to say hi to all of you! I live in The Netherlands next to Amsterdam Airport. Not the best place light polution wise, but we have to deal with it, don't we? I started some years ago with a Bresser Skylux 70/700 which is nice for the moon but now is time to make take the next step.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you on the wonderful forum!

Best regards

Maurice

Hi Maurice and welcome to SGL.  :hello2: 

I worked at Schipol (AMS) for two weeks several years ago for my present employer to help with a project/staff shortage. Now back at Heathrow (LHR) I/we don't go overseas very often now as the company has dedicated project team.

"Over & out" and "clear skies"

Philip

Hi Maurice,

I lived in NL for a while - and when going from s'Gravenhage to A'dam I seem to remember a lot of trains with "Stopt niet in Hoofddorp" (or something like that) on the front. I do agree that NL has quite bad light pollution in the Randstad and A'dam airport is so busy that if you are under the flightpath (as in the "main village") you are going to have problems - hope you can find a nice dark sky, and welcome to SGL.

P

Archived