Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Incredible Visualization Of Over 500 Exoplanets

tingting44

My good friend Dan sent me the link to this amazing visualization of over 500 exoplanets and since then i cant stop looking at it, ive got it as my desktop on my pc and phone, hope you also enjoy looking at this :)

http://orig00.deviantart.net/505e/f/2015/294/8/e/exoplanets_by_jaysimons-d9dv6th.jpg

http://www.iflscience.com/space/check-out-visulization-over-500-exoplanets

Very nice, but surely these are artist impressions of what the planets may be like?

Yes of course. We're not able to actually view or image these other worlds - yet. But these images of what they may resemble are based on spectroscopic analysis through the sophisticated gear we do currently have. Couple that with our knowledge of the composition and types of stars they were in orbits about - these are based on educated speculation. Not just flights-of-fancy.

I got the article that went along with this picture some days ago. It wasnice I could choose the image-size I could choose to download this from. I went for the "over-kill" size! :D Check out the resolution of the one below.

"If a little's good, more is better."

Dave

post-38438-0-61429600-1446933953_thumb.j

Ah! Just found they're the same animal! BOTH gigantic. Worthy of wallpaper.

So is someone claiming a scope that is good enough to see colours, bands and even different band colouring on exoplanets many lightyears away?
Last I knew exoplanet detection was a dip in the light intensity from the star or a small doppler shift in wavelengths from the star as the planet tugged at either side.

They do not it would seem need to build the E-ELT then in order to "see" exoplanets now, that will save some money.

So is someone claiming a scope that is good enough to see colours, bands and even different band colouring on exoplanets many lightyears away?

Last I knew exoplanet detection was a dip in the light intensity from the star or a small doppler shift in wavelengths from the star as the planet tugged at either side.

They do not it would seem need to build the E-ELT then in order to "see" exoplanets now, that will save some money.

i do not think anyone is claiming a scope that is good enough to see colours/bands/even different band colouring on these distant exoplanets many lightyears away

in my opinion i take this as a piece of art, no they are not original images, but it does not take away the enjoyment i get at looking and thinking about these distant worlds, just thought other people might enjoy it also, 

im sure they wont halt the building of the E-ELT solely on this "visualization".....

id  love to get this printed in poster size, laminated and will take pride in my shed lol :)

Archived