Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dreadful dew, but superb seeing.

cotterless45

Yo rocketeers ! After the light and the racket came dripping dew, but the seeing was absolutely stable. The sky stayed light , the humidity picking up the glows.

Had a scan around Auriga, is M37 the best cluster ? Really packed with stars. Followed by NGC 1664, over to NGC 1582 in Perseus. Algol looked very bright. Then back to NGC 1857 and the very compound delightful cluster NGC 1893. Back to Perseus and NGC 1598, 1513 and 1245 before moving over to M34.

Both Gemini and Orion were rising. M35 provided its usual show as did the lovely "37" cluster NGC 6921 above Orion. I found the Eskimo nebula quite easily at x40 in the 102, it's so non stellar and colourful.

Then onto my favourite double stars, some close binaries and super contrasts gave lovely views.

In with scope, dripping , as cloud rolled in, until the next ,

Clear Skies,

Nick.post-6974-0-29276700-1446881754_thumb.jppost-6974-0-17498700-1446881770_thumb.jppost-6974-0-28024400-1446881785_thumb.jppost-6974-0-10855500-1446881799_thumb.jp

Good stuff Nick. I popped out to feed the bunnies last night and there was a partially clear sky. Auriga was showing nicely, I do agree M37 is very nice indeed.

Even managed to spot the Pleiades naked eye which John was doubtful I could see because my LP is sooooo bad [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Nice one Nick,

It  was also very clear here, once all the smoke had cleared from all the firework the locals had set off :laugh: Some of which seemed unusually spectacular for domestic use.

I didn't have an issues with the SCT dewing up but it was remarkably warm for November.

Nice report you have to take any clear spells there is at the moment.

Cleared for a couple of hours here in Bedfordshire as well between 10:00 -12:00. Lots of fireworks and very damp conditions have you have shown meant just the MK1 eyeballs and bino's in use. Saw a few meteors while i was out there as well as the usual suspects through the 15x70's. 

Hi Nick. A very good report as usual. Managed a quick session last night and the dew was bad here too. Seeing not great but got good views of M37 too. It certainly is a beaut. Tried some of the galaxies around Ursa Major but they really were just fuzzier because of the seeing. Clouds rolled in after an hour or so and like you I took the dripping scope indoors to dry.

Nice to read Nick. I grabbed a brief 10mins between the clouds with my 10x50s. It was very stable and transparent, the rain had obviously washed the sky. Saw the 3 main Auriga clusters very easily, m37 is my favourite of them. Usually I have to stare a bit to spot them with the bins. M45 was looking very crisp and lovely.

Archived