Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hate cloudy rainy nights

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like 10pm tonight should be clear around my area. If im reading it right :p. Ill be heading out for the first time with my camera.

Yeah, supposed to be clear here where I live too between 10pm and midnight. I'll believe it when I see it though and won't hold out too much hope!

Good luck,  the saturated ground here means mist that spoils the view - and you're in the Trent Valley like me :-(

Oh im a little north of the Trent Valley, Im near sherwood Observatory which i think is on one of the highest points in nottinghamshire?

I can't believe it. Took the dog for a walk and was amazed to find clear skies. Going out soon for a look about. All I have to do is dodge the fireworks.

Ditto, except its wet and horrible underfoot and the fuzz around the streetlamps - is gone!

Cripes, I've just blu-tacked an IR filter into my 400mm lens's t-mount, thrown the mount into PA, focused as fast as I can (looks OK on a 1:20 exposure - fingers crossed), lined up the camera with the long axis of Cygnus, put Deneb in the top right corner, set it off for 40 80-second subs, now all I can do is cross my fingers and wait.

For me, August was delightful due to a drought, albeit with some mosquitoes still.  Said conditions drifted into September a bit, but then occasional showers began picking up their pace, although with ample observing nights until recently.  Now, here in Novemeber, I've only seen a relatively clear sky for about an hour in the last two weeks.  I've always despised rain; the mud and muck in particular.

Archived