polar alignment tool

I am going to use the ascom polar alignment tool after watching some tutorials. I know the way i go about things is prob all wrong but touch wood my images have been coming out ok so far. After polar aligning  I normally release the clutch and using CDC i slew to Cappella, I then put Capella bang in the centre using live view and tighten the clutch and sync ( I then sync two more stars and im done) .

After watching the tutorial I thought I would give the PAT a go but my question is this, once I polar align and get polaris in the setting circle how will CDC know where it is? everytime i start CDC it usually shows its just off Polaris would that be right?

I would use the Polar alignment option in the handset as it costs nothing, but if you get CDC to set the mount in the home position, then turn off CDC do your PA, then carry on as normal, start CDC unpark and slew to a Star then release the clutches and align and sync. 

I am using CDC as I want to move away from the handset, its not that that im confused about its the "home position" really, that is where my weights are down etc yes, so should I be parking my mount at the home position everytime i have finished a session? because I havnt and think i should, So I,m thinking when I start a session then it will ne in the parked position and know aha think ive got it lol  i,ll get there 

If you have the mount set-up permanently do the PA with the handset then unplug it and use CDC if it's not a permanent set-up you could still do the PA with the handset then park to the home position, switch off and plug in CDC and start from there...or spend the money on the thing you mentioned....

Im not paying for anything its on the CDC  (precise polar alignment)  basically you put polaris dead centre then go up to 12 oclock ( or 3,6,9) and it will slew the little circle exactly where it should be all you do then is move polaris into it

Im not paying for anything its on the CDC  (precise polar alignment)  basically you put polaris dead centre then go up to 12 oclock ( or 3,6,9) and it will slew the little circle exactly where it should be all you do then is move polaris into it

i might try this, thats use the bendy bolts to alter Polaris....???

Archived