Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark Sky Status for Sixpenny Handley

Hi All,

FYI

On Monday (9th) night at 7:30 there is a meeting being held at the Church Farm Campsite in the village of Sixpenny Handley, Where I organise the autumn star party.

The AONB of Cranbourne Chase and West Wiltshire are trying to get dark sky status for the area. Those of you who have ever attend this site know the skies can be excellent and worth protecting.

I hope to be attending the meeting to offer my support on behalf of the observers who have used the site in the past. If any other local members are interested please pop along to lend your voice.

Cheers MARK....

Just to update you.

The meeting went well. it included an outreach presentation by the local astronomical society to locals (including 30 scouts).

I'm keeping in touch with the people involved and will keep you updated with any progress.

It should also help promote the start party to a wider audience so our attendances may well go up in the future Which will be nice.

Archived