SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M3

russ

Well go gentle here, this is the first time i've picked up a camera in anger since early 2007. It's not much of an image, wasn't planning on doing any imaging.

Just a single 60sec exposure @ 1600iso using a Nikon D50. Scope is my new Orion Optics 150 f5 Newtonian on a CG5 Synscan. Also used the Skywatcher 2" 2x barlow element screwed into the 2" adapter so it acted as a 1.5x barlow. This boosted the focal length to 1125mm and focal ratio to f7.5. No LPR filter used.

Collimation was way off and polar alignment was rough (just ask Rob).

I did grab 4 whole images before the clouds rolled in but have no software to stack with. Will download Deepskystacker a bit later.

post-12650-133877341649_thumb.jpg

Back in the saddle eh Rus? Looks alright t'me mate, especially for just 60 secs. Stack the shots, faff about with it in the image program of your choice and voila!

Tony..

• 2 weeks later...

Good result for a single shot Rus. When you've stacked them you'll lose that bit of noise inherent with the iso setting used, the more the better of course. Looks like you are back in the saddle and going again though.

Steve..

Archived