Introducing myself and a Declination Setting Circle for the Star Adventurer

AstroFrank

Good morning, all!

It is good to be here at the stargazers lounge.  My name is Frank and I am 68 years old.  My love of astronomy began when I was 16.  I wanted to be an astronomer, but discovered I did not have the kind of math mind required.   Many years followed of raising a family, serving in the ministry (I have since left the church), being an elementary and middle school teacher, and being a middle school grade level counselor.  In retirement for the past 7 years, I have rediscovered my passions for photography, and now astrophotography.  I recently purchased the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer and the Orion Auto Guider.  Attached are my early results with the Andromeda Galaxy.

Also attached is a photo of the declination setting circle I made for the Star Adventurer.  I created it from a google search image, printed it (3.5 inches in diameter) on Epson Premium Matte Paper, and then laminated it.  I hope it's a helpful idea for others.  Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

AstroFrank.

post-47709-0-60030600-1446400632.jpg

post-47709-0-45994500-1446400640_thumb.j

G'day Frank and welcome to SGL. I'm next to useless when it comes to photography (terrestial) but I do enjoy trying my hand at Astrophotography. look forward to seeing your work and don't forget, we have a photography section too so go have a look. Some really good togs here :)

Archived