Hello Stargazers

lunatrick

Hi everyone

I was given a Nat Geo NG76AZ Telescope recently. I am aware that this is not a brilliant piece of kit but am sure it will be ok for me and mate to start out with.

He does photography in his spare time so we thought we would bring the two together. If anyone can provide any advice on our celestial photography journey we would be very grateful.

He has a Fuji XE2 and our location is about 15 minute drive from the old observatory in Herstmonceux.

Welcome to the forum. You'd need some kind of T-adaptor to attach the camera to a scope, this might be the correct one but please double check that. You might find the focuser won't have enough travel to reach infinity focus with the camera fitted as it hasn't been designed for imaging, but putting in a barlow lens should fix this. Some decent Moon and perhaps planetary shots should be possible with this setup.

Archived