Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first ever photo of sun

Unklefunk

Try sliding the camera out of the focuser a bit and you may get the whole disc in.

Dave

its fixed mate on a t ring and adaptor that screws on to the rear cell of the mak.....no adjustment in and out ...bit of a pain lol..

its fixed mate on a t ring and adaptor that screws on to the rear cell of the mak.....no adjustment in and out ...bit of a pain lol..

Need something like a Varilock. The Sun does change size a bit over the year so may fit in the frame better sometime :)

Dave

A good first effort, certainly.

I think if you move the camera away from the back of the OTA the image will actually get bigger when it is in focus.  Certainly works that way on my Mak.  I'm not sure what the visual back on the 4SE looks like, but it sounds like you might have the camera as close to the back of the OTA as is possible already, in which case you may be able to get the entire disc in the frame, but the alignment will have to be spot-on.

The Earth is closest to the Sun in winter, so give it a couple of months and it will start getting smaller again.  The difference is quite noticeable between perihelion and aphelion.

(The same effect also occurs with the Moon, too.)

James

Archived