Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 from south France

jarbi

Hi Everyone,

I am just back from a one week astrocamp in south France, which was less than satisfying what the weather concerns :angry: . We had two of the 7 nights clear, the rest was cloud watching and hoping... :( . On the positive side, I could test my side to side mount ( Skywatcher 10" ED80 Skywatcher 105/500 for guiding ), and it worked great. My EQ6 & EQMOD was working fine with more than 20 kg payload and 30kg counterweights :p .

I just started to process my few photo's, this M51 is my favorite. 15x 5min guided exposure on Skywatcher 10" Newton in direct focus, with modded Canon 350D & Baader MPCC corrector, captured and stacked with Nebulosity, final processing in Photoshop.

cheers,

Janos

5960_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all, I am totally chuffed reading your replies. The most amazing part I cannot show off: that beautiful dark sky, far away from all cities and light pollution. During the photo sessions I have visited many deep sky object with a 100mm bino, I didn't want to miss any minute

That is a fine image indeed. Really clean and loads of fine details presented nicely.

Excellent stuff. Shame the weather held you back - i'd have liked to see more images like this

Anthony

Archived