Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 metre Satellite Dish

Ok a SETI dish - and if they answer, what then! - (Jodie Foster pops round?) only joking - what exactly are you trying to use it for? - it may be that a few smaller dishes can give you a "synthetic aperture" that works as well. I have an old 1m dish from the early days of satellite stuck on the side of the house, since superceded by a smaller sat dish, and I would love to find a use for it - sensible or otherwise

P

Hi Robin

I've already looked at that site and found that their dishes are out of my budget (I did email them for a "dish-only" price, but, as yet, they haven't got back to me). Seems to me that 3m dishes are expensive in this country as they're not commonly used. The best I've found so-far is on eBay, but it's "only" 2.4 metres http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252141348657?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The search continues...

I've been through their site too. In fact, I've spent hours and hours trawling the Internet from manufacturers to military auction sites and probably everything in between. I've even looked at building one (but that introduces a whole load of other issues) :)

Archived