Hi!

Kollontai

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi folks

I'm a new addition to the forum from Glasgow, Scotland. Joined to get as much information on astrophotography as I can. I'm a relative newb when it comes to photography of any sort but I've a keen interest in astronomy and popularised science.

I'm hoping to get info specifically on beginners DSLRs that would be good for astrophotography and won't break the bank. Plus, the forum will be great to learn how to use it the best I can.

Looking forward to posting :)

Hello and Welcome.

Like you I am new to this forum and also into astrophotography using a DSLR on, and off, my telescope.

I use a Canon EOS 1100D DSLR and found it to be extremely good and possesses the essential live screen facility.

I believe that this is not available new now. 

It has been replaced by the equally good Canon EOS 1200D which is both light and at the low end of the Canon DSLR price range.

I am sure that you would be very happy with this popular astrophotography DSLR.

Best of luck.

Hello and Welcome.

Like you I am new to this forum and also into astrophotography using a DSLR on, and off, my telescope.

I use a Canon EOS 1100D DSLR and found it to be extremely good and possesses the essential live screen facility.

I believe that this is not available new now.

It has been replaced by the equally good Canon EOS 1200D which is both light and at the low end of the Canon DSLR price range.

I am sure that you would be very happy with this popular astrophotography DSLR.

Best of luck.

Thanks Crater.

My partner has a 1200D, I considered getting it but I thought the 100D would provide more value for money as it's only another £50 on top. In truth, I'm now swithering on whether to purchase a telescope and use her camera with it or to to get a camera of my own and wait to get a telescope down the line.

Can you recommend a decent telescope for a beginner?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Archived