Greetings from Northern California!

wk4bg8s

Hey ya'll;

My name is Kim, and my wife and I live on a small ranch in  Northern California, about 2 hours north of Sacramento. I am a retired Software Engineer, she, still a hard-working Critical Care RN. 

I have been into astronomy since the early 1970's, almost entirely visual, but that is about to change!

My first scope was a pass-it-on from my Uncle, a 1958 10" F-7 Cave Astrola, which is currently disassembled and ready to be restored.  Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I am now

making the change-over to astrophotography, which I convinced my wife would require a new observatory. So, tomorrow morning (the 24th), we are beginning construction of just that, finally get

to put the portable setup away for awhile.

Anyway, thanx for reading, now you know a bit more about me. I hope to get to know many of you over the months and years to come. 

Clear Skies...

Kim

Hi Kim and welcome to SGL, You will, no doubt, enjoy building your permanent home for the scope. Perhaps you might consider posting some pictures, in the relevant section of the forum of your progress. There is possibly a few members contemplating the same venture now or in the future, any ideas on construction and methods are most welcome, enjoy the forum :)

Hi Kim and welcome to SGL, You will, no doubt, enjoy building your permanent home for the scope. Perhaps you might consider posting some pictures, in the relevant section of the forum of your progress. There is possibly a few members contemplating the same venture now or in the future, any ideas on construction and methods are most welcome, enjoy the forum :)

Hey John;

I see the forum "DIY Observatories," I am guessing this is the place to post. We are starting this morning, so I will make sure I get some pics, and try to add some progress reports as I go.

Kim

Hey John;

I see the forum "DIY Observatories," I am guessing this is the place to post. We are starting this morning, so I will make sure I get some pics, and try to add some progress reports as I go.

Kim

That is the place Kim, you will see some interesting builds already under construction, may give you some ideas for your own obsy. The pleasure of it is, help and advise is just a post away,  enjoy :)

Welcome to SGL, Kim!

Giants or As?

Dana

Hey Dana;

Hmmm... East Bay or SFO? I am pretty sure that I lean toward the East Bay a bit more than SFO, not sure why, but the A's always seem to get first billing :)

Kim

Hi Kim,  Welcome to the forum.  I envy you for living where you can build an observatory.  ( Too many trees where I live.  I have to drive to my clear-spot.)  I enjoy looking at pictures of what people are coming up with for their Observatory.  Maybe you could take some pictures along the way and post them here on SGL.  Have fun!

Hi Kim,  Welcome to the forum.  I envy you for living where you can build an observatory.  ( Too many trees where I live.  I have to drive to my clear-spot.)  I enjoy looking at pictures of what people are coming up with for their Observatory.  Maybe you could take some pictures along the way and post them here on SGL.  Have fun!

Hey Star Forming;

I started a thread in the DIY Observatories section, posting pics as I go, about 1/2 a dozen so far. We have a lot of trees, but I am building on a hill, overlooking the valley below, so the view is great! Thanx for the welcome!!

Archived