Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak CN-212 Cassegrain Newtonian

After a long wait I have finally managed to buy an 'As New' Takahashi CN-212, I had seen only one other example here in Australia previously but it had too many signs of usage.

It is a scope that I have have marvelled at for a few years,  such a clever package.

This particular example was secured from its original owner who had kept it absolutely immaculate in every way.

I could not believe a 10 year old scope could be in such condition.

Included with the scope was the Takahashi Rack&Pinion Focuser as well as the stock visual back.

Also included were the Newtonian Visual back, Field Flattener, Tak Collimation tools for both modes and a solid hardcase !!!

Here it is next to the little FC76DC Hybrid and on its temporary Vixen SXW Mount .....

post-29377-0-48341400-1445427799_thumb.j

post-29377-0-16062900-1445427820_thumb.j

post-29377-0-06090500-1445427845_thumb.j

post-29377-0-96130200-1445427884_thumb.j

Very nice telescope and looks in great condition.

I owned one of these from new, same complete package in near mint condition (without hard case), only ever used it in cassegrain configuration. I sold it to a buyer in Japan so in fact in went home... seems they're also rare as hens teeth in Japan to find one in good condition and even rarer the complete package!

Thank You all, 

I am hoping the new scope curse lifts this weekend , it has been forecast to clear  :rolleyes:

I have just finished collimation of both modes, the switch over from one to the other takes 5 minutes and seems to hold collimation very well.

While an excellent system, it still leaves room for a smaller refractor for wider fields and 'Grab&Go' viewing, and for really dim stuff the 18 will be welcome.  

I expect this in Cassegrain mode will be similar, perhaps a bit better than the M210.

Apparently only 150 of these scopes were made so they are quite rare.  

Seems to fit the limits of the little Vixen mount well, my plan is to eventually buy the Vixen SXP (when the budget recovers) 

Archived