Narrowband

moon shot 20.10.15

Unklefunk

After spending several years using a 90mm frac (which I was happy with), I was fortunate thanks to a fellow member on here to be loaned a Celestron nexstar 4 se , which I must say has revolutionised my observing experience ! Now don't get me wrong star hopping is great and has helped me learn my way around the sky, but its a luxury to be using a computerised scope....anyway I wanted to have a bash at some lunar imaging, so last night i hooked up my modified webcam and focused on the moon....well the results were terrible to say the least...so 20 minutes later said fellow member arrives at my house with a canon eos !!! I really cant thank him enough for the use of this kit..its completely changed my astronomy experience...anyway enough rambling heres a couple of quick shots I took

post-46966-0-57602100-1445419873_thumb.jpost-46966-0-90884700-1445420119_thumb.j

Bit overexposed, but very good for first attempts nonetheless.  A DSLR and shorter focal length Mak or SCT (1500mm or less, say) are great for lunar imaging -- you get a nice large image, but the disc fits in a single frame.

James

Archived