Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Bargains.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For £19 it's a very good deal. The 70 degree series are not the same as the 68's and 82's though.

Should be better than my stock 20 or 25mm EPs though right? Just checked on Rother Valley Optics and the have the same EP for £57, so a saving of over £30 easily when you factor in the postage too.

Should be better than my stock 20 or 25mm EPs though right? Just checked on Rother Valley Optics and the have the same EP for £57, so a saving of over £30 easily when you factor in the postage too.

If your current eyepieces are the 3 element type then it will be better than those. They are way overpriced at £57 to be honest when you can get a Maxvision 68 for £60. Shows how careful we have to be when shopping around !

If your current eyepieces are the 3 element type then it will be better than those.

Not sure what the stock ones are. They aren't Plossls for sure, so not sure how many elements they have inside them unless I take one apart. The stock EP sizes are 10, 20 & 25mmI are the ones from Celestron and Skywatcher when I bought their scopes.

If they look something like the ones below they are 3 element designs. If they are 4 element plossls they would almost certainly have "Plossl" or "PL" marked on them.

attachicon.gifskywatchereyepieces.jpg

Yes, they are like those, both the Skywatcher and the Celestron one's. Other than saying 'Super 25 - wide angle long eye relief' or 'Celestron 10mm' or 'Celestron 20mm' there is no other wording or letters at all.

If your current eyepieces are the 3 element type then it will be better than those. They are way overpriced at £57 to be honest when you can get a Maxvision 68 for £60. Shows how careful we have to be when shopping around !

So I assume the Maxvision is a 4 element Plossl too? Why is the 68 better than a 70? At the end of the day like when we buy other items a lot of the time we just pay extra for a certain brand over another one. I guess the same in astronomy too!

Archived