Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Parallel Universe Contact expected in Days.

OK - lets start with two identical pairs of socks L1,R1,L2,R2. I'll assume they have toes. The three sets of pairs you can create are: (L1R1, L2R2); (L1L2,R1R2); (L1R2, L2R1) and for any given set of pairs you are washing one pair and wearing the other.  This means that if you find two left or two right socks you instantly know what the others are and how they are entangled. However, you cannot make a measurement to clear that up and determine which of the socks was in pair 1, so the state-vector cannot collapse (socks being Fermions it isn't a single quantum state) - hence the quantum state persists , evolves and remains entangled....

As for the article, might have been a quiet day for news, and the headline is accurate in a way (if you put the words in a slightly different order or add some brackets - .i.e Scientists at CERN (which restarts next week) hope to contact parallel universes.) I suppose they do, eventually - there are several different types around in cosmology at present.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..pasta/anti-pasta collisions in Groningen sounds like pea and ham quark soup going one way and at least one red herring going the other - grin. But if we go down that route we end up with: "what happens if the universe was created by the [insert country]":

• English - all "aliens" speak English, and win at cricket....
  • Dutch - creating the Universe costs nothing (the big DHZ)...

I suppose any other comparison causes problems...

P

Archived