Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Parallel Universe Contact expected in Days.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the parallel one is in a different time frame to ours.

Way ahead, or way behind.

Frankly I am not even the tiniest bit qualified to pass comment on this high grade science

Project, but I like to draw attention to any news allegedly coming from reliable sources,

Although I mistrust Yahoo, and most Tabloids, I leave it to those who do have the grey matter to arrive at sensible diagnosis of these published stories.

Ron.

Your odd socks are probably "posting" between the inner and outer drums of the washing machine, where they then slowly rot down. The same can happen to many small items of clothing, lingerie etc. In fact, the more "scanty" the lingerie, then the more likely it will "tunnel" into the "intra-brane" space of the washing machine and "disappear" (despite other "explanations"). However the bulk of the "missing mass" which turns up in the parallel work is, IMHO, likely to be a huge number of lost ballpoints - in fact, there is probably a parallel universe either side of any given one containing intelligent life that is packed full of super-symmetric "biro's",

P

Your odd socks are probably "posting" between the inner and outer drums of the washing machine, where they then slowly rot down. The same can happen to many small items of clothing, lingerie etc. In fact, the more "scanty" the lingerie, then the more likely it will "tunnel" into the "intra-brane" space of the washing machine and "disappear" (despite other "explanations"). However the bulk of the "missing mass" which turns up in the parallel work is, IMHO, likely to be a huge number of lost ballpoints - in fact, there is probably a parallel universe either side of any given one containing intelligent life that is packed full of super-symmetric "biro's",

P

Forget the sock or biro dimensions, I want to find the plectrum dimension.

Asimov 1972  "The Gods Themselves" (I seriously need to get out more!)  ((main subject the interactions between 'para-universes' for the exchange of energy))

12th bookshelf from the left. ;)

Can't you tell that I have light drizzle and thus no telescope time.....:(

Rich

If they do manage to discover another dimension, I hope it's the one where all my odd socks keep disappearing to! ;-)

I think I agree with you but, in my dimension, my socks only become odd when one of them has disappeared. If I find one of the disappeared ones then its partner annihilates. I believe this has been done in the lab and is called the Entangled Sock Experiment. Personally I think that a left hand sock is indistinguishable from a right hand sock travelling backwards through time. Only at the point of purchase do both exist simultaneously - and then only for people separated by non-cosmological distances.

I like the summer time and sandals, though there is still the problem of entangled sandals. Ah, the problems of bipedalism!

Olly

• 3 weeks later...

So...

What happens if you purchase two identical pairs of socks, randomly jumble them up and only ever wash two at a time... Will they know who their original partner was and do they then become entangled???

This its the big question that keeps me awake at night...

Gordon.

Oh, the OP? Not in my lifetime...

Archived