SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear Skies Tonight?

I've been told patience is a virtue, but I'm getting a bit impatient now.. raring to go!

Anybody else in the Midlands getting a decent forecast tonight from about midnight onwards? The ClearOutside app is showing 0-10% Total Cloud cover over night. Complete blanket tomorrow though. After 6 nights this just might be the one! Several targets in mind for me tonight, Jupiter is top priority, Mars and Venus too. Also interested in the Pleides and the Orion Nebula.

Any tips on catch in these objects? I have a view of the East, not the best as there are a fair few trees at the top of my garden (NE) but does blanket out most of the light pollution.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I only just got my telescope Thursday and haven't been able to use it yet due to cloudy nights. I'm further south from you but two different apps and two other weather sites are showing clear skies for a few hours tonight. Fingers crossed!

Managed an hour out for the first time before the clouds rolled back in!

Awesome, I'm still cooped up, no break in the clouds as of yet :( catch anything you wanted to see?

Totally clouded here. I hope you get some breaks in the cloud and manage some observation time.

Cheers dude, due to be a break in the clouds in the next hour or so, will report back.

Rob

I saw a few stars this evening. Which I suppose is progress as Its the first time I've seen any for weeks with all this cloud. I haven't bothered to get the imaging rig out though. It was good just to stand outside looking through the gaps, planning my next imaging session..

Archived