Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

tich

A couple of images from the Brecons.

Well here I am here on the last night of the South Wales group star party in the Brecons & here's a couple of images I managed to do earlier in the week.

Firstly my M42 image, unfortunately I blew out the core thinking that 15 seconds would be ok when in fact it was to high blowing out the Trapezium so this is the best I could manage. Still it's my best one to date so quite happy with the result even though no darks etc were added due to a bit of a technical glitch.

24 guided 5 minute light frames.
28 guided 15 second frames.
No Darks Bias or Flat frames taken using an ED80, Modified Canon 1000D on an NEQ6.

M42%20Outer%2001%20Complete_zpso5cjcksq.

Then there was the Crab nebula, this target has always eluded me but in the end I managed to get a few subs on it on this particular night so quite happy about that, took me a couple of goes processing it as it kept looking quite soft but this is about the best I could manage.

24 guided 5 minute subs with flats,bias & darks.
Taken with a Modded DSLR Canon 1000D
Skywatcher 250P, 10" F4'7 Newtonian.

M1%20Final%20A%20Crop_zps6ih9liot.jpg

Edited by tich
  • Like 9

Loads of detail in the dark clouds. Well done! you can get the subs for the core anywhere, even if it's in a light polluted area and then add them to the image. It is a really easy and quick fix. The hard bit was getting all that detail. Well done!

Great detail on both! You don't see a crab nebula pic every day....

Keep it up mate! Cheers

Hi tich,

The only thing that doesn't look "right" at least in my eyes of course is a greenish "halo" around the stars especially in M42.  I think that the same green "presence" is also in the background of the Crab nebula.

In any case both of them are really very nice images and especially the M42 one is crisp and very detailed. Well done ! :smiley: