Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 42; In both RGB and Ha with the Canon 350D

astrovirus

So we had some fine weather overhere in The Netherlands during the past 3 weeks, and I took full advantage of the clear nights arounbd the full blood moon (which for me was eclipsed not by the Earth's shadow but by grey clouds as I live in the only part of the country that did not have a clear night during the eclipse) and shot some lovely Ha data of NGC6914 (awaiting processing) and Messier 42 during the second part of the night. The Ha data comprises 7 and half hours of 10 min subs at ISO800 with the Canon 350D/8"Newt, calibrated with darks, flats and bias in DSS and processed in PS CS3.

M42Ha-2015-DSLR-LRGBfinal-1000px.jpg

Last weekend, we again had lovely clear nights, and so I shot some RGB data on the Canon 350D/8" Newt combo as well. Also imaged M33 during those nights while waiting for M42 to rise, but again that data still awaits processing. The RGB image consists of 6 hours 25 min of 5 min subs at ISO800, calibrated with darks, flats and bias in DSS and processed by the DSLR-LRGB method in PS CS3. I had wanted to add the Ha data to the RGB image, but for now, it doesnt seem to significantly improve the image, so I just left it out. Hope you enjoy these images, I do, as it was the first time I could image M42 with it not moving through the trees every couple of hours. Great to have my LOMO observatory on my balcony.

M42-2015-DSLR-LRGBfinal-1000px.jpg

Archived