SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Spotted the ISS

Craig_

Well, I was out in the garden tonight trying out Stellarium on the iPad and just scanning with the binoculars when something caught my eye low over the horizon. At first I thought it was a aircraft but once I pinpointed it with the bins I could tell it wasn't. Anyway a quick glance at the app and I found out I was watching the international space station !

What a sight it was, super bright and easy to track in my 15x70 bins. It must have been visible for 2-3 minutes. A total fluke lol.

Is there a way to receive alerts on the Stellarium app for future passes ?

There is an app called "ISS onLive" I have it on my Android phone but I would think it might be available on the Ipad as well. It gives live video feeds from the space station and gives a map of where it is.

There is also an app called "ISS Detector" which will alert you in advance when the ISS will be passing over and what the best times are to see it.

Archived