Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

daz

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

Just booked Thurs to Sunday with Curry and Pig. Been an SGLer for years, but never been to one of these - really looking forward to meeting every one!

Good morning Daz,

Please can you let me know if there are any tent pitches left for the 11th and 12th, im not sure when the pitch allocation pdf was updated and lust wanted to check before booking.

many thanks.

Rapallokid

Again, work gets in the way.....I'm away for 3 weeks from the 4th March :-(

Thats a shame Rob but you have to take the work when it's available in your business, of course.

• Like 1

Where's the dislike button when we need it.

• Like 1

I have just booked Thursday to Monday, not been to SGL camp for a few years, hope there are some hard standings left.  Waiting to hear my allocation and look forward to seeing every-one again.

Carole 

• Like 4

I do not see my name on the plan despite having booked with FLO last Nov. I asked for a hardstanding near the Loo as before.

Regards

Old codger

I do not see my name on the plan despite having booked with FLO last Nov. I asked for a hardstanding near the Loo as before.

Regards

Old codger

Don't think the plan has been updated for a while, already bagged the hardstanding nearest the loo ( just in case I have to bring Mrs T ) but there were plenty of spaces adjacent.

You should have had booking confirmation from FLO.

Dave

I'm seeing Daz in a couple of days so will catch up with him about pitch reservations :)

• Like 1

Yes, despite only booking about 9 days ago I would like to be sure I have a hard standing pitch as apparently "payment does not guarantee a pitch".  So look forward to seeing the updated pitch allocations.

Carole 

I don't know if we are too late but Sarah has just booked us in. Am really looking forward to going if we are in, we did IV to IX and loved them all. Typical that I missed the one with a fab solar eclipse, it was mostly clouded out here!!

Thoughts are with Daz.

Luke

• Like 2

Hi Luke and Sarah,

Yes,  we missed you  both at SGL X..... the partial solar eclipse was a great morning out at Madley Communications Centre, BT's earth satellite tracking station, between Madley and Kingstone, Herefordshire. It claims to be the largest earth station in the world.

MadleySateliteEarthStation%28PhilipHalli

The picture is courtsey of BT and we stood on the old airfield  and got a great uninterrupted view.

Loads of local school kids came along and had the opportunity of looking through our scopes and asked numerous interesting questions.

BT were great they invited us to visit the site and they showed us around.

It really was a very enjoyable day.

Trust you can make this year's event.

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian, I saw pics of the solar event at SGL, it looked brilliant and while the conditions were not the best here it was great to know so many people had it clear at SGL :smiley:

We didn't think we'd be able to attend SGL again in the near future due to other commitments that clash hence didn't book last year or Kelling, but things have changed unexpectedly, a plus point being we can now do SGL/Kelling again, if we are able to get booked in! We are keeping our fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Be great to catch up with you both again hope you can get a place.
:grin:

• Like 1

Hello Luke

All the very best to you and Sara.

Looking forward to SGL11 and chatting to you both!

My wife cannot join me again this year as she cannot get the time off from school again!

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

• Like 2

Hi Haydn,

Good to see that you can make it.....

Hope you have a save trip and enjoy the waves on the Irish Sea!!!

cheers

Adrian

We're very much looking forward to seeing you again, Hadyn, if there are places left! Have a safe trip over! Sorry to hear your wife can't make it.

aramitsharma, hope you have a fantastic time at your first SGL.

• Like 1

Due to the anomalies of our leave booking system, I've only just managed book everything up, so I'll see you all there :p