Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

daz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do not see my name on the plan despite having booked with FLO last Nov. I asked for a hardstanding near the Loo as before.

Regards

Old codger

Don't think the plan has been updated for a while, already bagged the hardstanding nearest the loo ( just in case I have to bring Mrs T ) but there were plenty of spaces adjacent.

You should have had booking confirmation from FLO.

Dave

I don't know if we are too late but Sarah has just booked us in. Am really looking forward to going if we are in, we did IV to IX and loved them all. Typical that I missed the one with a fab solar eclipse, it was mostly clouded out here!!

Thoughts are with Daz.

Luke

Hi Luke and Sarah,

Yes,  we missed you  both at SGL X..... the partial solar eclipse was a great morning out at Madley Communications Centre, BT's earth satellite tracking station, between Madley and Kingstone, Herefordshire. It claims to be the largest earth station in the world.

MadleySateliteEarthStation%28PhilipHalli

The picture is courtsey of BT and we stood on the old airfield  and got a great uninterrupted view.

Loads of local school kids came along and had the opportunity of looking through our scopes and asked numerous interesting questions.

BT were great they invited us to visit the site and they showed us around.

It really was a very enjoyable day.

Trust you can make this year's event.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I saw pics of the solar event at SGL, it looked brilliant and while the conditions were not the best here it was great to know so many people had it clear at SGL :smiley:

We didn't think we'd be able to attend SGL again in the near future due to other commitments that clash hence didn't book last year or Kelling, but things have changed unexpectedly, a plus point being we can now do SGL/Kelling again, if we are able to get booked in! We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Hello Luke

All the very best to you and Sara.

Looking forward to SGL11 and chatting to you both!

My wife cannot join me again this year as she cannot get the time off from school again!

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

Archived