Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

davedownsouth

Heart Nebula - IC1805 in Narrowband

Here is the Heart Nebula (IC1805) taken in using my William Optics Star 71 f/4.9 refractor, Atik One 6.0 with Baader NB filters. 

Ha on Friday 2/10/2015 - 8 x 15 minutes. 

OIII on Saturday 3/10/2015 - 7 x 20 minutes. 

SII on Friday 9/10/2015 - 8 x 20 minutes.  All binned 1x1. 

All processing done using PI.  For some reason I am struggling to get PI to work with batch processing, so no Bias or Flats applied, and it is very clear from the image that it needs the Bias applying, so I hope that at some time I can work out what I am doing wrong and reprocess :confused:.

Attached is an image and as I have just tried using Astrobin for the first time, also a link to that.

All comments welcome :)

http://www.astrobin.com/218344/0/

Heart%20Final_zpsqlj8hyic.jpg

Edited by davedownsouth
  • Like 10

I like the colours you have in this - It's looking good. I think though it could do with a little selective sharpening. There's some areas that will really pop with a bit of a high pass which will make a big difference to the overall picture in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knobby
      Slowly dabbling with narrow band and the processing that is becoming more like art than science 🙂
      I really am enjoying it though, Imaged this in my red zone back garden last night, it's 10 x  300 secs each of Ha Oiii and Sii ( no darks as they looked weird )
      Thanks for looking / feedback.
      DSS - Photoshop levels / curves - gradient xterminator - photoshop channel combine as per @swag72 tutorial - photoshop levels to balance colours to my taste - slight noise and star size reduction  (Noels tools)

• By tooth_dr
      I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%.  Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon.  All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019.
      Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned:
      Ha = 28.33 hours
      Oiii= = 5.67 hours
      Sii = 5.67 hours

The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice).
      I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining.  I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
      What I do currently:
      All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions.
      The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub
      This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered
      Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF
      Each is opened in PS
      Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up
      I then open a blank RGB document in PS
      I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue
      Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette'
      Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok
      All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance'
      That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required)
      The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur
      Cropped and saved.

Here it is anyway   I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise!

CS
      Adam

• By Star101
      Taken 27 July 19. from my ROR Garden Shed.
      I did take the stars out using Starnet but prefered the stars in
      30 x 300s SII,Ha,OIII - 2.5Hrs
      TS65EQ with Atik EFW2 and ZWO AOG, Lodestar X2 guidcam.
      Mesu 200 mount
      ZWO 183mm pro at -20C 200 Gain.
      Processed in Pixinsight.
      Thanks for looking.

• By StaceStar
      Hi still learning the ropes with my new Hypercam 183c pro

i took this image of the heart nebula the other evening, and now I realise I want a scope with a shorter focal length haha.

22x 240s stacked and calibrated in PI. Final touch up in PS 2018
      SW ED80 DS pro with Altair light wave 0.8 reducer. Heq5 pro, Altair astro hypercam 183c pro. Guided. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.