SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

9th October sun

Pete Presland

As many who have the Lunt 50 know, the helical focuser from Lunt is a piece of junk.  I went through three of 'em before I just got tired of bugging Lunt for another.

Here in the US, we have a retailer named Starizona (Lunt dealer) who manufactures an adapter ring to attach a Borg Helical focuser to the scope.  With the adapter, it mounts nicely on the L50, and works great... smooth with no metal shavings falling out when turning, unlike the Lunt model.

Since it's slightly shorter than the Lunt, I simply moved the B600 back 1/4" with the white plumbing washer, as seen below.

post-38191-0-64266100-1444563937_thumb.j

post-38191-0-14098500-1444563952_thumb.j

Glad the new set up is working for you lowjiber. Although I've had to work to get the best out of the pressure tuner, I must say I'm happy with the supplied focuser. I haven't experienced any of the problems that others have reported. But it's good to know that there's an affordable alternative out there.

Looks a very good focuser Ightfield have to enquire about one. I have emailed lunt, but no response yet.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Bunnygod - only just noticed we have an avatar connection music era-wise. Was a big Bunnymen fan. Good to know that people with good music taste are into astronomy - not just Brian May.

Without doubt one of the most recognisable album covers of that era. I am off to see the bunnymen in a few weeks.

Excellent.. Although the first four albums are the iconic ones, I've recently been getting into Evergreen and What are you going to do....., but not heard anything since then.

Archived