Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Kokatha man

...probably the 2 best Saturn images this apparition...

Ha-ha! Apologies for not responding to the additional kind replies to this thread lately, my mind has been elsewhere!

Saturn imaging in 2015 is for all intents & purposes over for us now...

It never started here, it just hid behind trees.

Stumbled across this thread doing my usual sunday midnight random thread reads whilst my SQL servers perform their backups.

WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful, I'm staggered photos of an object that far away can be captured with that amount of detail.

I need a mono cam and another 9 inches in my life.

Having had a couple of weeks to recover from the awesomeness of the images, it's interesting how close the colour and mono camera results are.

To my eye the first set (mono camera) has slightly more contrast on the rings (but not more detail). I can imagine this is a slight difference in processing as much as in the quality of the cameras?

As the photographer, do you feel that the performance of the two cameras is significantly different?

OSC of that quality has  to be seriously considered in the fog-bound UK.

Out of this world, awsome, stunning, excuse me while I find  my thesaurus as I am running out of superlatives. If they were any better they would be no good at all !!!!!, so crisp in focus, how on earth do you get your images that clear. I managed to get the red spot on Jupiter last year, you have got the red spots on saturnian teenagers, incredible

Geoff

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the additional responses to this thread fellas - most appreciated! :)

Saturn is but a fading memory now; it is still visible after Sunset but getting very close to the Western horizon!

Stub, the colour cam is the camera of choice atm, it's sensitivity is outstanding & also performs quite amazingly on Uranus & Neptune with iR filters! :)