Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

daz

SGL XI Chit Chat

Recommended Posts

On 15/03/2016 at 14:41, tich said:

Just cobbled up a video of the event, cant wait till the next one thanks again guys.
 

 

awsome that titch, thank you. was great to meet up again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faulksy said:

awsome that titch, thank you. was great to meet up again

Yup was great to see you all too, pity Batman didn't want to play though next time maybe? :evil6:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tich said:

Yup was great to see you all too, pity Batman didn't want to play though next time maybe? :evil6:

it will :happy7:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video, tich. Thanks for including a picture of my rear end (@ 01:59) whilst taping up my car lights - I'm sure it will be a winner with the ladies :wink:  :lol:

 

Edited by DRT
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we thought you was having a re spray on site derek :happy7:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, estwing said:

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

Others did, I used those plastic postage bags that are black on the inside, taped over the lights with insulation tape. 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15 March 2016 at 17:39, tich said:


Next time you get that refractor out Kerry for a spot of planetary then please don't be shy & give me a shout as I'm only 10 minutes away,  I'm still blown away by the view of Jupiter you were getting with it the details were spectacular.

Tich

I meant to respond to this sooner but it got last in all the SGL stuff. You would be welcome of course. After your life saving loan of the fan heater it's the least I can do! If we get some predictable clear weather I'll PM you my phone number be we'll sort something. 

Cheers

Kerry 

Edited by kerrylewis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, estwing said:

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

I agree, Calvin, costs about £2 and takes 5 minutes to do and ensures no one throws anything at you :wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the vid Tich - top job! With turnaround speed like that, you'll be on Netflix before Christmas!

Will

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, estwing said:

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

the other option, empty your car on arrival so entry isn't necessary :D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott said:

the other option, empty your car on arrival so entry isn't necessary :D

Yep, that's what I did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Tich

I meant to respond to this sooner but it got last in all the SGL stuff. You would be welcome of course. After your life saving loan of the fan heater it's the least I can do! If we get some predictable clear weather I'll PM you my phone number be we'll sort something. 

Cheers

Kerry 

That'll be great Kerry look forward to hearing from you, any evening would be ok as I finish work at a more predictable time these days so I'm able to make plans easily, even if they are last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scott said:

the other option, empty your car on arrival so entry isn't necessary :D

I agree that's a great way to avoid the problem provided it suits the circumstances. I happened to be sleeping in a pod at the other end of the campsite and had £10k worth of stuff in easy to carry away cases in the boot of the car that I didn't fancy leaving open when I wasn't around. That's no criticism or lack of trust in SGLers, but there were other people wandering around the site at various times so I just chose  to follow the advice given by the organisers and took precautions to protect my gear. I'd be surprised if I was alone in doing this or something similar but might be wrong.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DRT said:

I agree that's a great way to avoid the problem provided it suits the circumstances. I happened to be sleeping in a pod at the other end of the campsite and had £10k worth of stuff in easy to carry away cases in the boot of the car that I didn't fancy leaving open when I wasn't around. That's no criticism or lack of trust in SGLers, but there were other people wandering around the site at various times so I just chose  to follow the advice given by the organisers and took precautions to protect my gear. I'd be surprised if I was alone in doing this or something similar but might be wrong.

There's more than one way to skin a cat Derek 😉. I would probably have done the same as you in similar circumstances, but was sleeping in my tent and obviously as a minimalist observer had fewer cases to protect 😜😜

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stu said:

as a minimalist observer had fewer cases to protect 😜😜

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.