Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

4 minutes ago, Mav359 said:

Gutted to report i won't be making next week, unfortunatley lost my Dad to Cancer on saturday and with the organising and the funeral itself its just too much to get done.

Have a great week and clear skies

sorry to hear that Mav, i lost m grandad to cancer a few months ago. take care buddy my thoughts are with you.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear of your loss Mav :( 

Well very jelious of you folks - seems that you'll get some cracking skies of the cold weather appears (well that time it was -19degC was very clear... for the few minutes stood outside!).

After a long job interview process (since November) and at the 8th interview on Tuesday.. I've been offered the job - still got a little way to go so in about 6 weeks hopefully I'll start but a little late for this year's SGL :/ but should be around for the next one.

Well done on the new job Nick, see you in 2017.  I've just ordered a brand new motorhome but wont be available in time for this year, so it's lots of layers for me.  Where are you seeing that good forecast?

2 hours ago, NickK said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Mav :( 

Well very jelious of you folks - seems that you'll get some cracking skies of the cold weather appears (well that time it was -19degC was very clear... for the few minutes stood outside!).

After a long job interview process (since November) and at the 8th interview on Tuesday.. I've been offered the job - still got a little way to go so in about 6 weeks hopefully I'll start but a little late for this year's SGL :/ but should be around for the next one.

Well done on the job front. Hope it all goes well. See you next year.

14 hours ago, MartinB said:

Well done on the new job Nick, see you in 2017.  I've just ordered a brand new motorhome but wont be available in time for this year, so it's lots of layers for me.  Where are you seeing that good forecast?

Sorry was seeing a cold forecast for this time so got me thinking of the -19degC time a few years ago.. with ice in the kettle as I went to bed and icicles on the car.

Hi Nick,

Good that you are going back to work, I was looking forward to meeting up with you at SGL.

Maybe we can meet  up next year.

Trust the new job will be successful and that you will like being back working hard to pay my pension!

Cheers

Adrian

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 16:56, tich said:

When you can reach the eyepiece :evil6:

Tich - are you going to be in the Burger Van Mk1 or Mk2?

I seem to remember that after the South Wales SGL Groups start party in the Brecon Beacons, that the Burger Van Mk1 had some sort of terrible mechanical mishap on the way home. I seem to recall you saying that if you could not repair it, you already had an Identical replacement.

PS are you already at Lucksall? I may come up on Monday depending on the weather.

1 hour ago, reddoss said:

Tich - are you going to be in the Burger Van Mk1 or Mk2?

I seem to remember that after the South Wales SGL Groups start party in the Brecon Beacons, that the Burger Van Mk1 had some sort of terrible mechanical mishap on the way home. I seem to recall you saying that if you could not repair it, you already had an Identical replacement.

PS are you already at Lucksall? I may come up on Monday depending on the weather.

I'll be in the mini burger van MKII I'm afraid as the original is still poorly from the blow out I had on the way home from the Brecons, still at least I can open this one up with ease, but I will have to get the original one repaired when the weather gets warmer.
I'm all packed & ready for the trip down tomorrow so hopefully I'll see you Monday.01.thumb.jpg.a0a40192ca0b53a39e5d0f4feaf

15 hours ago, tich said:

I'll be in the mini burger van MKII I'm afraid as the original is still poorly from the blow out I had on the way home from the Brecons, still at least I can open this one up with ease, but I will have to get the original one repaired when the weather gets warmer.
I'm all packed & ready for the trip down tomorrow so hopefully I'll see you Monday.01.thumb.jpg.a0a40192ca0b53a39e5d0f4feaf

hows your back titch, me and the dob mob will try and not make you laugh as much as we did in brecon :happy7:

4 hours ago, faulksy said:

hows your back titch, me and the dob mob will try and not make you laugh as much as we did in brecon :happy7:

My back is ok now well for now anyway.
All set up at Lucksall now had a bit of a panic earlier as I thought I had no pots & pans but I found them phew!!
Weather here isn't to bad although I can't see me setting much up today as its going  to be a bit  hit  & miss according to the weather & there's quite a few non astro folk about with kids so don't really want to risk anything getting damaged so just got my feet up & chilling out for now. Might get the Nexstar out later if it clears for long enough though for a spot of observing but we shall see.

Burger van MKII & awning went up a lot quicker too plus this one I can do solo with ease although I do miss the room of the other one, few little niggles I need to sort out with it but I''m sure they can wait till I get home.

02.jpg.c2c290f6cdc64079425461b32ded8d8f.

03.jpg.73d8f2334609eb360c79a7db75bb97e4.

04.jpg.f3268f0d4efe6723dc5086bfe8e8399a.

Archived