SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Vicky, Ryan, Neil and Eric up at Winscar tonight and a good evening to say I turned up last.

It's been a while but I thoroughly enjoyed being out again even though I am yet again under the weather.

Good company and a pleasant atmosphere

Here's to the rest of winter and the crisp calm nights to come.

Damian

Driving down the M1 with rain & spray battering the car at 9pm I wasn't feeling too optimistic about the sky at winscar, but when I arrived there it was superb, and pleased to see Vicky,Neil,Ryan & later Damian also.

Couldn't believe when I put my glasses on even I could see M31 .

My first outing with the new scope was a bit messy, need plenty of practice, but encouraged by its potential anyway.

Eric

Sounds like you all had a good time.

I had a pretty good session in the back garden, but everything I looked it, I was just thinking: need darker skies!

The next clear night will probably be 25th!! Full Moon AND Christmas Day (at least I'll have a couple of new toys to play with.

Had a cracking night last night with the crew! Bit on the nippy side but we were treated with some great views as the others have said. Really looking forward to getting back up there. Hopefully sooner this time lol! Come on weather!!! [emoji1][emoji437][emoji108]

Hi all,

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular and I know we all want to post our experiences.

Just for clarity of arranging and keeping track on the forth coming events and meets, for members and guests, could we try to keep all the general chat on the main WADAS thread guys

Many thanks to all and keep an eye on the thread to post meetings and times

Damian

Hi all,

I have checked several weather forecasts and the general consensus is that it is going to be 100% cloud or foggy on most.

Pretty much as it is now with the poor visibility remaining throughout the night.

If anyone is going up I will travel up there but I think it would be an evening of chatting and warm drinks(plus chocolate) with little chance of seeing any Geminids.

Damian

Archived