Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_smartphones.thumb.jpg.2c4c8c071da4f18cb4d5b9abc11d6e7b.jpg

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

rockystar    1,284

I'm in bury, it's throwing it down. Due to stop soon and clear up in a couple of hours, hopefully it us moving away from you.

astrotyke    1,327

Ah right. That might be the shower going across, then it was clear all night

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Astronomer69    389

Well after few hours of setting up with clear skies then rain on and off finally got my new setup going and first images of Rosette Nebula wide field with 100mm lens in HA.

Looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

mapstar    5,729

Good to see Vicky, Ryan, Neil and Eric up at Winscar tonight and a good evening to say I turned up last.

It's been a while but I thoroughly enjoyed being out again even though I am yet again under the weather.

Good company and a pleasant atmosphere

Here's to the rest of winter and the crisp calm nights to come.

Damian

• Like 2

gtis    676

Very good evening despite the rain and wind when we got there

Neil

• Like 1

2STAR    771

Driving down the M1 with rain & spray battering the car at 9pm I wasn't feeling too optimistic about the sky at winscar, but when I arrived there it was superb, and pleased to see Vicky,Neil,Ryan & later Damian also.

Couldn't believe when I put my glasses on even I could see M31 .

My first outing with the new scope was a bit messy, need plenty of practice, but encouraged by its potential anyway.

Eric

• Like 1

astrotyke    1,327

Glad you all had a good night. I told you it would clear up :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

rockystar    1,284

Sounds like you all had a good time.

I had a pretty good session in the back garden, but everything I looked it, I was just thinking: need darker skies!

The next clear night will probably be 25th!! Full Moon AND Christmas Day (at least I'll have a couple of new toys to play with.

• Like 2

Ryan P    313

Had a cracking night last night with the crew! Bit on the nippy side but we were treated with some great views as the others have said. Really looking forward to getting back up there. Hopefully sooner this time lol! Come on weather!!! [emoji1][emoji437][emoji108]

• Like 2

mapstar    5,729

Will post for the next event (Geminid meteor shower) later in the week so we can all try to make it.

Damian

• Like 1

gtis    676

Hi Ryan

What messiers did we see last night need to make a list

Hope to get up this Sunday for the Germinid meteor shower

Neil

Astronomer69    389

Hi Ryan

What messiers did we see last night need to make a list

Hope to get up this Sunday for the Germinid meteor shower

Neil

Don't look like you took much notice of what you saw Neil [emoji23]

mapstar    5,729

Hi all,

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular and I know we all want to post our experiences.

Just for clarity of arranging and keeping track on the forth coming events and meets, for members and guests, could we try to keep all the general chat on the main WADAS thread guys

Many thanks to all and keep an eye on the thread to post meetings and times

Damian

• Like 4

Soupy    2,053

Our next Friday Observing session is due tomorrow night, and as Damian says we also have our Geminids event this Sunday.

Please keep an eye here for updates and info on if they are going ahead.

• Like 3

Soupy    2,053

Not too sure if anyone is out at Winscar or Middlestown tonight, but cloud is patchy with some strong gusts of wind up Huddersfield way. If you are going observing please post so others can join you.

• Like 2

Mark62    1,457

It was wet here Paul so Iv not ventured out

2STAR    771

What's the general info regarding Winscar tonight, weather forecast is varying depending on where you look !!

Mark62    1,457

I'm not sure but it looks cloudy

gtis    676

Clear outside says it should clear around 11-00

Neil

woozydewsy    28

Are we going ahead with tonight's viewing session? I'll get it posted on all the social sites if we are. Looks foggy on the Met site but others are more hopeful

Vicky

mapstar    5,729

Hi all,

I have checked several weather forecasts and the general consensus is that it is going to be 100% cloud or foggy on most.

Pretty much as it is now with the poor visibility remaining throughout the night.

If anyone is going up I will travel up there but I think it would be an evening of chatting and warm drinks(plus chocolate) with little chance of seeing any Geminids.

Damian

• Like 2

Mark62    1,457

I must admit I think the same Damian.

Soupy    2,053

I am going up at 10ish, you never know, so can we say event is still on but we can't guarantee clear skies! Make sure you bring warm drinks etc.

• Like 1