Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

Welcome to the new Celestial Events Heads Up forum and the Celestial Events Calendar!

Post up about any short notice events such as lift off proms or Super Novae, or discuss events posted in the calendar

Follow the new forum and calendar to receive notifications and make sure you don't miss anything!

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy    2,053

Todmorden email has gone out to members. Please check your inboxes and let me know if you haven't got it...

• Like 2

mapstar    5,729

Got mine Paul although I won't be making one.

Cheers

Damian

Soupy    2,053

Neil PM me your email and I'll forward it to you, its prob because I'm on the iPad rather than the computer.

gtis    676

Paul got my email

But I will no be going it's the wife's birthday Friday

Neil

Mark62    1,457

Are we still going if its cloudy ?

Mark

Edited by Mark62

Vicky050373    2,706

Todmorden email has gone out to members. Please check your inboxes and let me know if you haven't got it...

As previously confirmed via e-mail I will not be making the trip to Todmorden on Friday evening.

Soupy    2,053

This Saturday is the last Saturday of the month. This is one of our scheduled observing nights. If you are available please post here so other members can arrange to meet up with you either up at our normal observing locations of Winscarr or Middlestown or another location to suit whichever members are free.

mapstar    5,729

I may make trip out but the weather is not looking good to be honest.

Damian

astrotyke    1,327

Nor me, i think looking at the weather ill be doing other things this saturday

Ryan P    313

Yeah, looks like the weather may have spoiled Saturdays plans. Im looking forward to 9th November to get to a meeting. I haven't been to one in months due to one reason or another.

mapstar    5,729

Yeah, looks like the weather may have spoiled Saturdays plans. Im looking forward to 9th November to get to a meeting. I haven't been to one in months due to one reason or another.

Ryan the meeting is the 5th of November

Ryan P    313

Ryan the meeting is the 5th of November

Oops I knew it was around then, I just got the 9th in my head for some reason lol

Cheers mate [emoji6]

Mark62    1,457

Don't think I'm out Saturday night due to circumstances beyond my control

Mark

Mark62    1,457

Iv just luged all my eq5 out in to the garden for some solar viewing. It's supposed to be clear tonight at Winscar with no fog dose any one fancy a trip out ?

Mark

Vicky050373    2,706

Iv just luged all my eq5 out in to the garden for some solar viewing. It's supposed to be clear tonight at Winscar with no fog dose any one fancy a trip out ? Mark

I wouldn't mind a trip out, however I was just going to stop at home to do a bit in the backyard as I'm on earlies this week and working full-time hours. It's going to be a shock to the system!

If I went, I'd go early to get back home at a reasonable time - what time were you thinking of going?

Mark62    1,457

I was thinking of going around 7 so being there for around 7:45

Mark

• Like 1

Mark62    1,457

It's forecast fog for around here but clear up there

Mark

Vicky050373    2,706

I was thinking of going around 7 so being there for around 7:45

Mark

Yup, I'll pop down for a couple of hours if the forecast stops clear.

Will need to be setting back off around 10pm, but it'll give me a couple of hours.

Are we meeting at the large car park?

Vicky050373    2,706

Weather up in Horbury is not good - 100% cloud cover with mist and fog.

Anyone at home nearer Winscar to let us know what it's looking like down there?