Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy

As our home thread is getting pretty massive and can be a tad hard to follow at times, this will be the official thread for WADAS events.

To make it easier for members and potential members and members of the public to follow and see what we are doing please only post relevant events related posts here, including, but not limited to, meetings, observing meet ups, star parties and other relevant events.

Please keep posts to a miminum to make it easier to follow.

Thanks

Soupy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First official notification is of the WADAS kielder star party this weekend. You should have had your members email about arrangements for meeting up if you are coming. Please reply so we know who to expect and when you are planning to come up if you are.

Thanks soupy.

Second Friday of every Month
Weather permitting we will be aiming to do some observing up at either Winscarr Reservoir or at Middlestown please keep an eye on our social media pages for updates on this event.

Its that time of the month and although some are going up to Kielder to enjoy perfect dark skies - us less fortunate souls who are stuck in Yorkshire must make do with a night out around here.

Do we have any plans for Friday night? As the forecast looks promising and there is a good ISS pass at 8.15pm too.

Take a look here guys before setting off and press the forward button.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/arpege_charts.asp

BBC has it clear after midnight

Met check also showing mist fog for the woodhead tunnel rocks

XC weather for dunford bridge has it clear all night

Damian

Well according to that weather map it's cloudy tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Same here. If it is nice I will be up there at 9.00 at the sailing club car park ( the one with the picnic tables)

Is that the best spot at winscar by the sailing club ?, is everyone going there please

Eric

Nights for me Monday so I won't be venturing out.

Hope Vicky is OK she must be badly into the withdrawal symptoms by now not having access to SGL easily?

I think she's talking soupys ear off lol having said that there's not much to report apart from its cloudy oh look more cloud and have u seen that more cloud lol

Mark

Archived