Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Hubble Bubble. Three nights @ FL1.9m

theo

We had a rare event in the UK last week, several clear nights during the space of one week!! The moon was up unfortunately but the opportunity to do some narrowband imaging could not be missed.

Here is the Bubble Nebula presented in HST colours. It's around 10hrs total integration time and considering the time and moon issue I am quite pleased with the outcome.

It's one of those objects that really benefits from a long focal length as it allows a nice amount of detail to be teased out of the Bubble itself and long focal length work is the area of astrophotography that I really enjoy.

Anyway I hope you like the image.

Regards,

Pete

post-22012-0-38426300-1444150531_thumb.j

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a corker of an image. Good work at 1900mm and superb processing. I have a 10" LX200ACF and reckon they are one of the most underestimated scopes around. What focal reducer were you using?

That is a corker of an image. Good work at 1900mm and superb processing. I have a 10" LX200ACF and reckon they are one of the most underestimated scopes around. What focal reducer were you using?

Thanks Martin. I totally agree with you regarding the LX200ACF scopes being underestimated, I love this scope and would never part with it!!!  The reducer I use is an Optec Lepus .62 x. and it does a great job.

Pete

This is a great image, a well defined bubble and nice surrounding nebulosity - Very nicely done indeed :)

Many thanks Sara. I see from your website you have acquired an Orion Optics ODK 10".  Just wondering how are you finding the combination of this scope and the QSI?  They do look lovely, had a look at their stand at the IAS last weekend.

Very finely resolved and, yes, one of our regular guests has a 10 inch ACF which is pretty darned good.

Olly

Cheers Olly, much appreciated.

Many thanks Sara. I see from your website you have acquired an Orion Optics ODK 10".  Just wondering how are you finding the combination of this scope and the QSI?  They do look lovely, had a look at their stand at the IAS last weekend.

I'm really pleased with the ODK10 and QSI683 combination - But I've only done one image so far, so need to get a few more under my belt LOL!

That's a great image Pete, nice work.

Cheers Freddie!!

I'm really pleased with the ODK10 and QSI683 combination - But I've only done one image so far, so need to get a few more under my belt LOL!

Glad its working well Sara. I'll look forward to seeing the images!

Wonderful image.

Many thanks!

That really is a wonderful Bubble neb, really well done.

Thanks Chris!

A pleasure to look at  much better on the Mac over the PC fantastic image and excellent comments.

Thank you!

A work of art. Fantastic!

Regards

John

Appreciate that John!

Archived