Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

12 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Yes  I had a quick look at the moon just to pacify Mike ?

Optics are still not quite there Derek so I'm going to look into it a bit further.

Looking into it a bit further - that's what telescopes are for, not at, regardless of how big they are ;-)

• Like 2

Hello All,safely home,very tired,have got to say a big thank you to Lesley and Ralph for all the preparation and help they provide.

Thank you to all who attended what turned out to be a very windy one,at least it did not rain to much.

For the record i can say i saw stars every night,and on the Sunday evening Damian and myself were treated to a fabulous Galloway sky,early evening through to daybreak,the seeing was very good and Damian was able to put his 22" Dob to good use,very large image scale with plenty of detail in numerous deep sky targets.

Thanks also go to all the help given to myself,keeping me going for the week,Steve i have got your hat,Kenny you forgot your scope handle ,Phil have found your starmap.

Damian,Your help in getting me packed on the Monday  morning was a lifesaver ,thanks!

Roll on November,get your bookings in now. A September starcamp might be on the cards watch this space.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves,

Regards

Mike

• Like 5

I must  apologise for the delay in posting this note. I have to say that yet again I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at Galloway SP (Scotland's largest). I must admit that the stargazing was curtailed somewhat by the wind, but the skies were superb at times.

The whole event is made by the people that attend the event as the craic is great. Special mention must be made to Demon Barber (Mike). Mike goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and will always be available to help modify your equipment :happy10: and lend out tools (thanks Mike for the lend of multiple Allen Keys, rulers etc.):headbang: He will always have the kettle on the boil for a brew and be available for a friendly chat.

Thanks must also go to Leslie and Ralph who keep a fantastic campsite and will always accommodate you if they can and generally just go the extra mile to make the campsite as astro friendly as possible. Note to Leslie - don't clean the wash block so many times a day, we will cope with a blade of grass on the floors :happy11:

I am already booked for the November SP and look forward to meeting many old and new faces (you better make it this time Derek, no engagement party excuses will be accepted). If you have not attended before, get yer sel booked!

• Like 6

I don't know what is happening with the emoticons. Looked fine on first post but now mean nothing. Is SGL disabling the ones from my IPad? Just asking?

Derek

23 hours ago, Physopto said:

I don't know what is happening with the emoticons. Looked fine on first post but now mean nothing. Is SGL disabling the ones from my IPad? Just asking?

Derek

Operator error, I say :happy11:

Hi guys,sorry for delay but other stuff gets in way...life:icon_biggrin:.

Despite being on poor form with chesty cough and toothache i had a great 3 days up in Galloway.Friday night through till dawn gave some nice views of Galloway's fine skies.

Have to say a big well done to Damian for getting his monster scope down to this event,it really is a thing o beauty.

Thanks to Lesley & Ralph for another great event and excellent campsite.Great to see everyone  again and looking forward to November already.

Big thanks to Mike for the great effort he puts in too make everyone welcome.

Goodluck & clearskies.

Kenny

• Like 4

Hi Guys,

I'm already booked for the autumn event and looking forward to it.

Suffice to say you all missed a very spectacular night on Sunday, I'm still going through my notes and the viewing report will be a long one! Brilliant and how it should be.

I'll echo Ian's (Uplooker) and everyone else's comment's, summing it all up about being such a great event made by the people that attend.

Just brilliant more of the same next time

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, mapstar said:

Hi Guys,

I'm already booked for the autumn event and looking forward to it.

Suffice to say you all missed a very spectacular night on Sunday, I'm still going through my notes and the viewing report will be a long one! Brilliant and how it should be.

I'll echo Ian's (Uplooker) and everyone else's comment's, summing it all up about being such a great event made by the people that attend.

Just brilliant more of the same next time

Aye Mike said you spent more time writing than looking............:evil4:

He Hee!

Hi guys looking forward to seeing you all for the next star party, hopefully I"ll be bringing the big newt.

Mike

• Like 1