Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Hi Jonathan,by you get around!!!! The site is very good at  draining and the mesh at the entrance helps.

Carrick is a fabulous for viewing and way back i have done a few rallies in the area,i know what you mean about the darkness and of course the rain will have washed all  the muck out . You will have to post a photo just  to show everyone what a treat they are in for  :icon_biggrin:.

Are you up for the spring do?

Catch up with you sometime,

Regards

Mike 

Yes I'm looking forward to the Spring do. Galloway is such a great place for astronomy & it'll be great to meet up with everyone again.

I failed miserably imaging with the Takahashi in the last few days due to a faulty USB cable, but played around with the Astrotrac at the campsite & also did some star trail stuff, which I'm trying to process now.

Hi All,just a reminder to anyone who fancies a couple of nights under the winter skies of South West Scotland that there are still pitches available ,the weather seems to be favoring cold weather and hopefully clear skies, well with any luck!!!!!

Regards

Mike

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time - decided to spend more on my daughter's 21st party instead!

Shane,children=time and money    astronomy=time and  money. :happy6: You cannot  win, we hope to see you later in the year,well worth the time and money, :hello2:

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time - decided to spend more on my daughter's 21st party instead!

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it Shane, hope you and you're daughter enjoy the party (you are invited, aren't you?). Maybe see you at the Autumn gathering :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

better had be invited! :icon_biggrin:

will try for the autumn one but will need to check dates.

Be good to see you again Shane and I'm sure the autumn party will be a great one as the weather definitely owes us big time!

• Like 1

I hope it is clear for you all.

I cannot get there due to "Family Commitments" GRRRRRRRR!

Damian says he hopes "Mike is doing Pie and Peas again"  :angry5:

(I'll wait for the fall out on that one)  :evil:

• Like 1

Damian says he hopes "Mike is doing Pie and Peas again"  :angry5:

(I'll wait for the fall out on that one)  :evil:

I bet he does, look how many he ate back in November - greedy b******

• Like 1

I bet he does, look how many he ate back in November - greedy b******

Hmmm I can remember someone else eating just as many and then taking more home too!

Ha ha which is more than can be said for the peas on the day!

May be a borrowed scope again if my secondary plans don't work out

That would be a shame Damian. After all your hard work. Still no point in rushing. It will take time to make the shroud holder for the mirror. But from our talk you know exactly what you want and that is probably more than half the problem.

Still there is allways November. ;)

Derek

That would be a shame Damian. After all your hard work. Still no point in rushing. It will take time to make the shroud holder for the mirror. But from our talk you know exactly what you want and that is probably more than half the problem.

Still there is allways November. ;)

Derek

Placed my order but certain things are out of stock so as usual I'm waiting for someone else?

Still I have the light shroud to be sorting so will get on with that.

• Like 1

Hmmm I can remember someone else eating just as many and then taking more home too!

As it happens I had one of Mike's pies for my tea last night, very nice it was too

I still have a few in the freezer at home. Just need some peas. ;)

Derek

I had mushies with mine, unfortunately there was no pea wet :-0

• Like 1

Here's one I did a couple of weeks ago from the campsite around January's new moon looking towards Newton Stewart. I'm pretty sure that the lights in the nearby village dimmed around 23:00, but it was a really nice dark sky. This pic was umpteen jpegs at around 12 secs, ISO1000 F5-ish with a Canon 8-15mm L zoom and Canon 5dMk2, stitched together using Startrails. I'm pretty sure I've now sorted the problem I was having with my main rig - a dodgy USB cable - so I'm looking forward to the gathering now!

StartrailsNS.jpg

Edited by OutThereSomewhere
  • Like 5

Hi Jonathan,what a fabulous image,lets hope the weather gods are kind to us,i think were due some clear cold nights,looking forward to catching up with you.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Very nice Ian...look forward to catching up again if you can make Febuary bash.

Kenny