SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pelican Unbinned (130pds)

Uranium235

Yes, I know I've done this one to death.... :) ... but not unbinned! We've had a good run of weather this week so I thought I would have a go at seeing what this one would be like at 1.7"p/p.

Three and a half hours per pane (Ha lum)  insnt quite enough yet I think, still a bit noisy so it probably needs five hours. No need to shoot new OIII, I just used the binned Ha (red) and OIII (gree & blue) from previous versions. Not sure if the higher resolution has paid off, but its definitely made the fullsize version more interesting.

Also, it looks like ive finally found a way to use the modified cannistra method and eliminate the blue halos I used to get (by using star removal on the colour layer during processing). Managed to get the larger stars insanely tight as well :)

14x900 (Ha_L) 1x1bin x2 panes

6x900 Ha_R, 6x900 OIII G&B 2x2bin (Cannistra method bicolour) 

Thanks for looking :)

21762453009_133f131c14_h.jpg

Fullsize:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5713/21762453009_5419866149_o.jpg

Rob, I would say that the higher resolution is paying off big time here. This is the tightest, neatest, tastiest, sharpest, most detailed, beautiful image that I have seen you post!

Now, where's that 71 and some clear new moon nights for some real 1x1 fun?!

Thanks all :)

The detail is superb Rob - Totally nailed. The colour palette wouldn't be my first choice, but I have to say that it's growing on me :D Your work has certainly paid off on this one..... a super image :)

Not sure why, but every time I do this colour method it never turns out exactly the same as the previous attempt. Most of the colour shifting is to get rid of the magenta that you get on the raw cannistra layer, and I shift the magenta towards cyan/blue, but theres always a little magenta left over. Im sure I'll get a repeatable method sorted eventually :)

Archived