Howdy from Oregon

Desert4wd

Hi All,

I've been involved with visual astronomy since the late 80's, took a rather long break (upon moving to Oregon) and am back at it. Interests are primarily astro imaging nowdays so I have an endless supply of "catching up" to do.  I haven't done too much but am having fun with it so far.  I'm very much a beginner again!

Prior scopes were my brothers Celestron Firstscope 80 which I borrowed for several years, a homebuilt 10" Dob, 10" Cave Astrola and now a 8" Orion Astrograph on an iOptron iEQ45Pro mount.  Unguided and unprocessed photos have been pretty fair so far, but I got my first laptop (big LOL) and an autoguider set up etc. I'm curious what happens next....., which  I'm sure post-47234-0-52419900-1443836563.jpg will be the rainy day blues till next Summer when the Sun and sky reappear  - ha. 

I've know about this group for some time but I tend to drag my feet a little these days. 

Thanks for being here,

Cheers,

Doug

Salem, OR

Greetings & welcome aboard. Doug! I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place stuffed to the rafters with people from all over the planet who love finding answers to questions on any of the myriad Universes that comprise 'astronomy!' So pull up a chair and don't feel shy.

Clear skies,

Dave

Hi Doug and welcome to SGL from another imager :D A good start for sure! If you are at the start of your interest again, then try to get hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website. It's something of a DSO imagers bible and should be on every bookshelf.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Doug and welcome.  There are people at all levels of AP who meet and share here on SGL.  It looks like you have a good start with AP.  I look forward to seeing your pics and reading your posts.

Archived