SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Barnsley Astronomy Association

DarkNebula

A new group, set up for like minded people interested in astronomy, who live in Barnsley who don't have the means to travel to the Wakefield one or Mexborough & Swinton clubs

This we will be a friendly group with regular meetings,
I am currently looking for people to help me set up this group as we have no Astronomy clubs in Barnsley its self, please msg me with any questions or willing to join

here is a Facebook Page I set up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Barnsley.Astronomy/

Great idea, if we can help let me know, or there is the possibility of affiliating to the Wakefield Group as a subsidiary therefore sharing resources and speakers etc. :)

Yeah thats sounds like a good idea, just trying to find members that live in Barnsley, experienced ones as i am not so much but i think your idea is a good one, just not sure where to begin, have you anytips? 

Just getting people who share your passion is the best thing to do, but there will still be lots to do yourself to make sure it runs successfully and help from potential members should be welcomed. We had a group of us who all started together and still run our society so the more people sharing responsibility the better. Maybe come up to one of our meetings and have a chat. We do have some members who live in Barnsley who I am sure would give you a lift up if you are struggling, you can have a look at what we do and how we run meetings. If you are interested in joining us as an affiliated group I am sure we can sort this out as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 00:03, Soupy said:
On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 21:29, Dark Lawton said:

i would be insterested once you get enough people to get it going

iWe have 2 member events this month but our next meeting is 5th November at Horbury Academy. Let me know if you need a lift!

hi a lift would be great and sorry for the delay of this I have been really unwell the past few months but now am on the mend I have bought myself the 5ce  

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 09:31, mapstar said:

Yes there are a few of us in the area (mapplewell myself). You are more than welcome at one of our events.

Damian

Hi, I been unwell for the though past few months although I recently purchased a Celestron NexStar 5 SE, and would very much like to join, the only problem is transport and I was wondering if anyone comes from the Barnsley area as I live in worsbrough common, and I don't mean to sound cheeky but is it possible to get a lift I would pay petrol money ofc Thanks look me up on facebook to make arrangements https://www.facebook.com/dark.lawton1980?fref=nf

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 00:03, Soupy said:

Hi, I been unwell for the though past few months although I recently purchased a Celestron NexStar 5 SE, and would very much like to join, the only problem is transport and I was wondering if anyone comes from the Barnsley area as I live in worsbrough common, and I don't mean to sound cheeky but is it possible to get a lift I would pay petrol money ofc Thanks look me up on facebook to make arrangements https://www.facebook.com/dark.lawton1980?fref=nf have 2 member events this month but our next meeting is 5th November at Horbury Academy. Let me know if you need a lift!

btw just to clarify things if I thought we could get enough members here in Barnsley we could get one started tho am not so good at setting thing like this up, so if anyone as any ideas please facebook me  https://www.facebook.com/dark.lawton1980?fref=nf otherwise I think it would be better to join one of the 2 groups out there already

• 2 years later...

Hi Im begginer, at the moment i ordered Binoculars Celestron cometron 7x50 sky map and Led light. Before i purchase my first telescope i need meet somebody and check a few differenttelescopes(Newton,refractor, apo, etc.)to make a choise. Witch one will fit for me for perfect start. And have some advaice. ( sorry for grammatic faults English is not my first language) 

Archived