Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings, newb here from down under

GuitarSlinger

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi GuitarSlinger and welcome to SGL, that is a very nice clear picture of the Moon you have taken, the only trouble with you guys posting piccy's is, I have to stand on my head to look at them :D. So you want to expand your interests in Astrophotography, Sara was quite correct in recommending the book, used by many of our forum imagers, from those starting out to the very experienced. If you make contact here.... http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk  the author Steve, will be very pleased, no doubt, to send you one direct. Enjoy the forum :)

Hi GuitarSlinger and welcome to SGL, that is a very nice clear picture of the Moon you have taken, the only trouble with you guys posting piccy's is, I have to stand on my head to look at them :D. So you want to expand your interests in Astrophotography, Sara was quite correct in recommending the book, used by many of our forum imagers, from those starting out to the very experienced. If you make contact here.... http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk  the author Steve, will be very pleased, no doubt, to send you one direct. Enjoy the forum :)

Thanks Glowjet! I'll definitely look into getting a copy of this text sometime in the next few days.

Hey GuitarSlinger!  Nice to meet you. ( Must be you are a musician too.)  Looking at your picture, it is amazing what we can do with AP nowadays.  You can take some pretty nice pics with basic equipment.  I did this for a year or so then I got bit by the AstroBug and bought a bigger telescope and more accessories.  It was a while before my buying frenzy was over!  I mention this because it seems that this behavior is quite common.  You mentioned you are addicted to this stuff which, by general definition, can a negative thing.  BUT, I assure you it's okay in AstroPhotography!  It seems that the more fun we have in this hobby, the more we get into it and the more stuff we think we need.  Haha.  

Enjoy yourself, Mate.  I look forward to hearing more from you here on SGL.

Archived