stargazine_ep44_banner.thumb.jpg.6153c4d39ed5a64b7d8af2d3d6061f61.jpg

I took this one after my first target last night (M96) dissappeared behind our sycamore tree - by that time it was fairly late so I just got about 40 mins data on this - camera battery was flagging as well as me by then.

It's widefield centred on M86, unguided, prime focus DSLR - so none of the galaxies are particularly big, but i'm chuffed at the number visible.

cheers

RB

M86 plus friends 7th May 2008

5800_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Fine shot! :angry:

I do like these widefield images but I must say I sometimes have trouble sorting out what's what and that's with my own images! It's a question of getting the orientation right I guess.

Cheers

CW

You have captured a veritable hornets nest of galaxies there Roy. As with CW, I find these widefield images very satisfying. They just seem to say so much, although the area is small, what is in there is vast.

A very nice capture.

Ron. :angry:

Super image,looking at widefield views of galaxies like this one its kinda mindblowing regarding the vastness(is that a word) of space. :shock:

Barry - Nope don't mind at all - in fact here's one with a less agressively processed background I'm sure there's more stuff to identify in there yet.

All - thanks for the comments recieved.

cheers

RB

5847_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)