Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

abodee2

Astronomers in Aberdeen

Hi i've just moved up to aberdeen today. When i'm at home i often go out with CSOG on the weekends to their dark site at Harperrig but i've been struggling to find a dark sky site or group of people that meet up in aberdeen often. I know there is AAS up here that meet up once a month but i'd like to possibly get out more than that for some observing and imaging, maybe spontaneously if it's forecast for good weather that day!

So really i was wondering if anyone here is near aberdeen that could shed some light on any dark sites slightly out of the city or if anyone in general would be interested in meeting up

Thanks

Ali

Edited by abodee2
  • Like 1

mate, you don't want to shed any light on those pristine dark skies of yours... ha ha

• Like 2

Hey - I'm looking for a group or decent site near Aberdeen as I'm up working for the next few weeks. Did you have any luck finding somewhere? I use Harperrigg with csog when staying at home as well

Andy