Loop the loop

Floater

Magnificent loop prominence on the NW limb and another, fainter, loop on the E limb.

Plenty of activity elsewhere, including large ARs (2420 and 2421, I think), but the loop on NW steals the show. If you can, don't miss it.

Thanks Gordon.  I had already checked on GONG and was going to put an alert on myself.  So far cloudy/mist here but forecast to lift in the next hour or two.  I hope there is something still going on when/if it does.  I have my 60mm DS ready to go with a cover over it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Regards, Paul

What a spectacle! The limb outburst looking like an expensive firework in action against a backdrop of the recent large filaprom that is currently lifting off looking like a portion of the Veil Nebula, as if that wasn't enough, the nearby sunspot group is frequently flaring. All this in the same field of view. Excellent seeing which is permitting the full potential of the 6" aperture. Some of the best views in Ha I've had in 15 years!.  :smiley:

I agree Peter

AR2422 was flaring like mad yesterday lunchtime and also great today. The huge prom was fantastic and as you say when combined with the rapidly developing fireworks display made for superb observing over lunch while eating my sandwiches. Unfortunately, work spoiled it!

Archived