Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

triton1

BST ep,s going cheap

Just seen on the bay that BST explorers/starguiders/Orion epics/paradigms are going for a good price and they come from Australia.You can buy 4 for £133 including p+p bargain or what that,s about £33.50 a pop.I wonder why their so cheap?

I smell a possible scam. I've seen some unbelievably great deals that appear to be from Australia and, sometimes, New Zealand. But a closer look reveals the offers claim to ship from somewhere in Indonesia. Not only astro-goods, but other seemingly impossibly low-prices on other big-ticket items. Like carbon-framed bicycles.

These turned out to be rip-offs. So always be very certain of your sources. If in the slightest bit you feel something just doesn't seem right - listen to that little bit. Stop!

Just saying...

Dave

By the time you have paid import tax and the handling charge, even if they are OK, the saving is only a few £'s over the lowest UK prices. Is it worth the wait / risk ?

These are only going for £35 ish per eyepiece 2nd hand anyway.

So if it were a UK sale, I wouldn't say that the price is in the "too good to be true" category. It would be s great way of picking up a useable set of good quality eyepieces if all else were OK.

Paul