Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saw the "Blood" Moon! Not kidding!

Kishen20

Yes I did, but not the way you'd think it would've been.

It's impossible to see the lunar eclipse back in my place since it's happening in the day, but the haze helped me.

The moon looked very similar to this picture over here (more or less)

post-43070-0-82244500-1443397472.jpg

The haze is also the reason why I'm unable to see the stars lately. If the moon itself was barely visible, how can I see the stars?

This annoying haze happens at most every year, with worse ones every 2-5 years. It's caused by man-made forest fires in the Indonesian islands for agriculture and development going out of control every time.

This year the haze seems to arrive and recede every alternating week, making me much more annoyed.  :mad:

When the haze gets worse, holidays are given to schools and to the rest of the public when it gets much worse than that, according to the local air-pollutant index (API)

Today is a holiday to schools, but I'm not happy for that as today is an exam day (the finals!), and I would rather like the exams to be over quickly than delaying it.

Sigh.  :sad:

Regardless, I hope you guys have clear skies free of clouds, haze and fog to witness the true blood moon!  :grin:

Archived